Senior Audit Manager - Cross-functional Enhanced Review Group (CERG)
When you look at your career, you want to know that you’re making a difference. You want to go home every day proud of what you’ve done. At Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS), we’re with you! WFAS is a provider of independent, objective assurance and advisory services delivered through a highly professional and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit makes significant contributions to protecting the value of Wells Fargo’s corporate assets.
We are seeking a Senior Audit Manager (SAM) to lead our Cross-functional Enhanced Review Group (CERG) team that partners with other audit teams to implement and execute the WFAS risk-based dynamic audit plan. Services include escalated reviews, continuous audit planning and execution, data integrity, collaborative audit coverage, and annual reviews. Each SAM will specifically be responsible for partnering with assigned audit teams to determine needs and managing an audit plan with those teams.
The SAM will oversee a 10-15 person audit team in executing risk-based and high quality audit coverage. They will provide guidance and oversight to ensure audits are well planned, executed, and reported in accordance with WFAS methodology. They will be required to work across all WFAS teams and with senior level leaders within WFAS and our business lines building strong partnerships. Additionally, the SAM will need to develop strong and professional relationships with external auditors and/or regulators. The SAM will also be expected to lead team members providing feedback, coaching, and development guidance.
Approximately 20-30% travel is required.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership or management experience
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to be inquisitive, to credibly challenge and to proactively influence risk and control environments
- Ability to quickly evaluate emerging risks, understand impacts to the audit plan and implement appropriate adjustments to the audit plan
- Capability of building strong working relationships with peers, the line of business, risk management and external stakeholders (i.e. regulators)
- Ability to attract, mentor and develop professionals, including mid-level managers
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0210411 AUDIT SERVICES/HR SHARED SERVICES
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top