Senior Audit Manager
Wells Fargo Audit Services has an opening for a Senior Audit Manager (SAM) on the Wholesale audit team. The Wholesale team has audit coverage responsibilities for Capital Markets, Specialized Lending & Investments, Corporate Trust, Commercial Real Estate, Capital Finance, Commercial Banking, Corporate Banking, Business Banking, International, and Insurance. In addition, the team has audit responsibility for Market and Counterparty Credit Risk Management across the enterprise.
This Senior Audit Manager will have audit responsibility for all Market Risk Management activities within Wells Fargo. This SAM will be responsible for the annual risk assessment and plan development to ensure appropriate coverage of Market Risk Management and the corresponding operational, regulatory, and reputation risks. In addition, the SAM will manage audit execution of the defined portfolio, ensuring that audit engagements are risk-based, and planned, executed and reported according to Wells Fargo Audit Services policies and guidance. The SAM will develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with business partners and third parties, and ensure that issues are proactively escalated to management for timely resolution.
This SAM will be responsible for the development of a team (8-12) of professional auditors. This includes establishing development plans for each team member that facilitates proficiency and excellence in current positions and prepares team members for future opportunities. The SAM will provide team members with timely feedback and coaching.
The candidate we are seeking will possess knowledge and experience in some or all of the following areas: Market Risk Management, Model Risk Management, Counterparty Credit Risk Management, Basel Capital and CCAR Stress Loss Aggregation, Reporting & Management, and Capital Markets areas such as Fixed Income Sales and Trading, Rates, Commodities, & Equity Derivatives Sales and Trading. In addition, a strong working knowledge of Basel and CCAR Data Integrity requirements is desired. The Senior Audit Manager will be responsible for building strong working relationships with lines of businesses, risk management, and regulatory compliance groups. A strong working knowledge of applicable regulations is desired, including the ability to evaluate and form opinions on the design and effectiveness of regulatory compliance and operational controls.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 25%
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership or management experience
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Big four public accounting experience
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to interact with WFAS management, team members, business partners and regulators successfully.
- Should have experience in Capital Markets.
- Should have experience with CCAR and BASEL.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0011411 AUDIT SERVICES/HR SHARED SERVICES
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top