Let's talk about building a rewarding career
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of our clients worldwide: institutions, financial advisors, and individuals. Wells Capital Management is a registered investment advisor and a dedicated institutional asset manager within the WFAM umbrella. Our mission is to deliver superior investment service to our institutional clients globally.
Wells Capital Management is a multi-boutique, institutional asset management firm with $340 billion under management as of June 30, 2016. Our investment strategies span the risk/reward spectrum - actively managed equity strategies: small cap to large cap; growth and value; and domestic and international; fixed income strategies: money management to long duration; and investment grade to high yield; quantitative strategies: passive investing, tactical overlays and portable alpha. We specialize in managing separate account portfolios for corporations, pension plans, endowments, foundations, public agencies, health care, educational and sovereign organizations, insurance companies and operating funds.
Wells Capital Management is seeking a candidate to join the successful and growing Montgomery Fixed Income Team. This senior position will be part of a small team of analysts, traders and portfolio managers. The role will involve industry research and corporate bond analysis leading to investment recommendations for the Core, Short Duration and Long Credit Bond portfolios. Analysts on this team perform all aspects of credit research including analyzing historical financial statements, preparing financial projections and performing qualitative and quantitative analysis. Emphasis will be placed on analyzing credit spreads and relative value in a risk weighted context. The analyst will be required to recommend relative value trading opportunities within industry sectors in both cash and derivatives markets. Alpha-generating trade ideas and communicating effectively with traders and portfolio managers is essential.
- Conducting primary and secondary market credit research utilizing fundamental credit analysis.
- Surveillance of existing security holdings.
- Daily discussions with portfolio managers regarding the purchase and sale of securities, with an emphasis on the underlying credit fundamentals of issuers.
- Documentation of credit recommendations and rating changes by the major credit rating agencies.
- Analysis of assigned sectors and monitoring of general credit trends.
- Identification of relative value opportunities amongst credits and sectors.
- Performing ad-hoc projects/analysis as required.
- 6+ years of investment research experience
- Security selection and research experience
- People management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong independent thinking skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to provide unique and differentiated insight for industries under coverage
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0012130 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top