Senior Advice & Portfolio Specialist
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
The Advice & Portfolio Specialist team is a one-stop-shop for strategy, research, and portfolio construction guidance. This team of professionals has decades of investment experience and consults with Financial Advisors on how to bring together the strategy and research from the Wells Fargo Investment Institute (WFII), the Advisory Services Group (ASG) and our correspondent research providers into a portfolio.
The role (WIM Practices & Bus Dev Cons 3) includes the support of advice technology and implementation vehicles, such as Envision® Plan to PieSM, ResearchCenter, My Homepage, Advice Engine, and our broad suite of portfolio analysis and review services. The Advice & Portfolio Specialists serve as the internal counterparts to the field-facing Regional Advice Officers. Their collaborative efforts help Financial Advisors deliver quality advice to all investors.
- In this field facing role, this senior team member will consult with financial advisors on strategy, research, and portfolio construction to help them construct balanced portfolios and implement quality advice.
- The successful candidate will act as key liaison across Products & Advice, Regional Advice Officers, and business channels to develop actionable content around strategy, research, and advice.
- The Senior Advice & Portfolio Specialist will be responsible for presenting to large groups of financial advisors, managers, strategic relationships, and partners at various training & education events about the Advice & Portfolio Specialist team’s capabilities and the overall strategy for delivering of quality advice to clients.
- This individual will provide hands-on support to implement that content via phone, email, and in person consultations with financial advisors.
- Consult with financial advisors and branch managers via phone, email, and through in-person consultations to train them on advice applications and content that help them implement quality advice for clients.
- Support Regional Advice Officers and Advice Quality team members to ensure consistent delivery of advice message in the field.
- Monitor Advice & Portfolio Specialist initiatives and projects to ensure that goals are attained – this includes alignment of Plan to Pie, usage and distribution of WFII content, adoption of ResearchCenter and My Homepage Advice & Guidance, and volume of portfolio review services.
- Partner with the firm’s strategists, analysts, product specialists, partners and senior leaders to best understand how to help financial advisors deliver quality advice to clients.
- Assist in creating content for Advice Quality and firm publications that can be implemented by financial advisors in the field.
- Participate in internal audio and video communications to the field.
- Evaluate and streamline existing services to improve advice delivery and implementation.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business development or financial services consulting
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 63 (or 66) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Knowledge and understanding of retail brokerage or capital markets industry
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or demonstrated progress toward the designation
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to positively influence, motivate, and direct diverse teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0051819 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top