Securities Settlements Operations Manager 4
Securities Settlements Operations Manager 4
The Settlements team is responsible for the timely and accurate clearance of securities, domestically and internationally. The group is accountable for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent with the settlement process. It is imperative the team provide outstanding service and create an environment that maintains its focus on serving our clients and key business partners while constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency. The group processes numerous exception driven events which include but are not limited to Fail Management, Open Money, Reconciliations, Buy-ins, MBS Settlements, Repo Settlements and various Stock Loan driven events.
The Securities Settlements Operations Manager will provide leadership, decision making and strategic direction for the Wells Fargo Securities Operations division. Responsibilities associated with this position are numerous. The manager will be exposed project management and reporting, assisting with the building of infrastructure for various special products and processing systems. Ensure regulatory compliance with security transactions across multiple legal entities. Coordinate with Front Office Sales, Trading, Legal, Documentation, Compliance, Finance, Technology, external vendors and various other operational groups. Responsible for leading and managing human capital, including the selection process with a focus on creating a diverse work force, performance management and evaluation, human capital development and retention, promotion, salary and incentive administration. Ability to manage large scale projects which may include Technology Process Reengineering and transformational change. Consistently demonstrate core values and ensure that they are reinforced throughout the department.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of operations experience
- 4+ years of management experience in an operations environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including senior leadership/management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of Settlement experience preferred in a Financial Services firm
- 3+ years of experience working in an environment supporting Prime Services
- 5+ years of management experience, including leading teams through changes to support the overall strategy of the organization
- Must have a good understanding of all capital markets products, industry trends, regulatory changes and industry-wide best practices
- Proven ability to lead projects/initiatives supporting a variety of product areas with high risk and complexity
- Possess Series 99 license
- Series 7 or ability to obtain within 180 days of start date
- Demonstrated ability to monitor team member s workload to ensure all daily tasks are completed timely and in compliance with departmental procedures
- Ability to train, develop and mentor staff
- Familiar with the regulatory environment and maintaining strong controls
- Experience working with custodians, depositories, agents and brokers to ensure timely and accurate processing of events to client accounts and to appropriately manage risk
- Experience managing resources in multiple locations including near shore and offshore locations with a clear ability to comply with all firm and regulatory requirements and providing effective supervision of each function performed in the group
- Strong industry working relationships
- Comprehensive financial products knowledge
- MIS presentation and report writing experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with an attention to detail
- Organized, able to deal with high volume and prioritize workload
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and on project work
- Results driven
- Able to think outside the box
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Confidence to deal with both external and internal clients
- Strong analytical, organizational and management skills
- Customer service orientation
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0055866 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top