Securities Ops Service Specialist 3
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS) – Shareowner Services.
- Please note – some flexibility with work schedule however hours are based on business needs*
Performs a variety of tasks related to tabulation and reporting. Works with the team to meet common goals associated with the deadlines imposed by our internal and external clients. Act in back up capacity for any desk supporting tabulation/reporting. Duties will include coordination of proxy tabulations, managing related work flow, processing and reconciling shareholder votes, process incoming work orders, process & validate incoming and outgoing data files, performs quality control validation on internet and phone voting sites, ensure cards are created and approved based on internal standards and then set up cards for scanning and tabulation. Responsible for validating tabulation reports are sent out complete, correct and on time. Will participate in work flow management as well as training extra resources brought on for Proxy season. Position will be expected to cross train within other operational units as needed. Experience working with SSP1 is preferred.
Performs a variety of operational tasks for complex securities or cash related transactions or processes that require extensive knowledge of unit functions and systems. Duties may include: differentiating, processing and reconciling transactions; researching inquires; resolving customer complaints; reviewing time sensitive and/or complex documents; creating or revising departmental procedures. Coordinates situations involving multiple departments. May provide department level reporting using multiple sources. May provide training or work direction to junior level staff. Provides back-up for other desks. May have extensive customer contact; works under minimal supervision.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, operations, financial services, accounting, business processing, analytical, financial, clerical, or call center
- Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Shareowner Services experience
- Experience with IRIS and Sunstar
- Financial services and/or transfer agent operations experience
- Balancing/reconciliation experience
- Ability to comprehend moderate to complex operational processes and their interrelationship
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service and display professionalism
- Self-starter with ability to follow client request through resolution
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0115943 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top