Securities Operations Service Specialist 5 - Trade Processing Regulatory Group
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you’ll find that opportunity. You’ll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
About WFA’s Regulatory Group
The Regulatory group performs duties designed to ensure accurate reporting of trade details. These details are reported to the regulatory body based on product type. Each trade must be reported based on rules specified by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), the Financial Industry Regulation Authority’s (FINRA’s) Trade Reporting and Compliance engine (TRACE), and FINRA’s Order Audit Trail System (OATS) regulations.
The Securities Operations Service Specialist (SOSS) 5 performs a variety of operational tasks, closely supporting our Compliance team, Fixed Income and Equity Trading Desks. Team members on this team are responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of trades to governing bodies, OATS, TRACE, and MSRB. The group works closely with Wells Fargo and correspondent firm Fixed Income and Equity trading desks.
The SOSS 5 is the Team Lead and acts as the primary resource for critical production or escalation issues for the group. Duties include: quality control and review or fixed income and equity trade reports; resolving escalated issues and inquiries; reviewing, tracking and monitoring reports; recognizing and escalating items of risk or concern. The Team Lead works closely with the manager and direct reports updating policy and procedures, creating efficiencies and process improvements for the department.
The Team Lead provides management level reporting including service quality, volume tracking, and/or staff performance; Provides back-up for all department functions; Leads and/or participates in production improvement efforts; Addresses procedural impacts; Provides training, coaching, and feedback to new and existing team members; Provides work direction for team members; Addresses scheduling issues; Leads small to medium sized projects or parts of larger projects; May address compliance and corporate governance issues for the department; May have extensive customer contact; Works under minimal supervision with some degree of independence.
- 3+ years of financial services industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, operations, financial services, accounting, business processing, analytical, financial, clerical, or call center
- 3+ years of brokerage operations experience
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets experience importing, exporting, and manipulating data
- Ability to assess current processes/procedures and make recommendations for efficiency
- Ability to develop scripts to automate user reporting
- Ability to identify risk factors and ensure enactment of appropriate controls
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents/reports
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: system test scripts development and execution
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- 1+ year of Beta experience
- Experience resolving and working through escalated and complex issues
- Experience performing quality assurance audits
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0045565 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top