Securities Operations Service Specialist 3 - Insurance Operations Specialist
- Austin, TX
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Specialty Asset Operations Team within Wealth Management is a property-driven group, supporting Real Estate and Oil & Gas asset management. The overall team is split into six functional units, with each providing a unique role in the set-up, processing, and maintenance of our clients' specialty assets.
The Insurance team is responsible for reviewing real estate assets within the Wells Fargo system of record as well as reading and interpreting insurance policies and reports to ensure the proper insurance coverage based on company guidelines and regulatory requirements.
The Insurance team currently has an opening for a Securities Operations Service Specialist 3 (SOSS 3) to join the team located in Austin, TX. The SOSS 3 team member is responsible for reading, interpreting, and input of policy information into the system of record while ensuring the coverage meets risk management guidelines, and works with field partners to address any deficiencies or discrepancies. The SOSS 3 is also responsible for reviewing appraisals, leases, and other real estate related documents to ensure an accurate representation of the property is reflected or updated to meet all company guidelines.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs a variety of operational tasks for cash related transactions or processes that require extensive knowledge of unit functions and systems. These duties may include: differentiating, processing, and reconciling transactions; researching inquiries; and resolving customer complaints
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance requirements specific to certain geographic areas and locations
- Reviewing detailed and complex documentation, specifically insurance policies, appraisals, and other real estate specific documents
- Requesting external insurance policies
- Reviewing system records and client agreements to ensure company standards are met
- May lead and/or participate in departmental projects including research and reporting
- Able to verify accuracy, resolve issues using multiple resources, account records, and online systems
- Providing consultative support for internal and external business partners
- Able to interpret time sensitive and/or complex documents for accuracy and completeness
- Coordinating situations involving multiple departments and acting as a liaison to external sources
- May provide training or work direction to junior level staff and back-up for various department functions
- Working under minimal supervision with some degree of independence
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, operations, financial services, accounting, business processing, analytical, financial, clerical, or call center
- 2+ years of insurance experience
- 2+ years of call center experience
- 1+ year of property and casualty insurance experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Solid problem solving skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Trust experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience analyzing external insurance policies
- Thorough understanding of residential and commercial insurance coverages and policies
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
TX-Austin: Min: $35,800 Mid: $49,000
TX-Austin: 4801 Southwest Parkway - Austin, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top