SBA Business Development Officer 2 (Atlanta Market)
Wells Fargo SBA Lending (Small Business Administration Lending) is in search of a Business Development Officer 2 in the Atlanta market. Wells Fargo SBA Lending is a part of the Commercial Banking Services Group within Wholesale Banking.
The Business Development Officer 2 is responsible for developing and managing national SBA programs in the Atlanta market.
- Develops strategies to originate SBA loans in the marketplace.
- Calls on and develops a referral network with commercial real estate brokers, business brokers, business/professional associations, accountants, lawyers, etc. to solicit SBA loan opportunities.
- Presents the company’s loan capabilities.
- Structures SBA loan proposals, completes initial underwriting and prepares credit package.
- Responsible for the success and growth of assigned sales territory.
- Responsible for the sales life cycle, including lead generation and sourcing, loan policies and structure, product knowledge and financial analysis.
- **Location is flexible within the Atlanta Market
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of financial services industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in Small Business Administration, selling business related financial services products, or a combination of both
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of commercial lending experience
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting or evaluating commercial credit
- Knowledge and understanding of business banking: sales or credit
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Experience sourcing small business clientele
- Business development experience
- Small Business Administration (SBA) 7a and 504 Lending experience
- Established network in the local market
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0016891 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top