Sales Assistant (Inst Brokerage Sales Asst 1)
Provides assistance to Institutional Sales Representatives in support of sales activities. Performs a variety of tasks for moderately complex to complex transactions or processes that require in-depth knowledge of institutional brokerage products and services. Monitors and tracks referrals and sales results. Takes and executes complex solicited/unsolicited investment orders in Sales Rep's absence. Responsibilities include: providing customer service by solving operational issues; supporting the unit's commitment to customers' satisfaction through fast and courteous service via telephone and written correspondence; and processing customer service requests (address changes, statement copies, etc.). Provides back-up for other desks and may provide training or work direction to junior level staff. Works under minimal supervision.
- Create and maintain customer account information
- Input trades
- Confirm trade details with customers
- Trade execution - liaise with customer and desk to agree on trade price
- Research and manage trade problems and fails
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate sales person
- Administrative responsibilities such as producing pitchbooks, distributing marketing materials, travel
- Continuously proactively increasing product knowledge
- Requires a Series 7 & 63 or the ability to get these within 150 days
- Provides assistance to our Corporations and Public Entities Institutional Sales
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to all applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of sales support experience
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work effectively as a team player with ability to support team in achieving group goals
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Trading floor or middle office experience is preferred
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0017370 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top