Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Wells Fargo Asset Management Luxembourg S.A. (WFAML) was established November 2014 and is governed by chapter 15 of the law of 17 December 2010 on undertakings for collective investment. WFAML currently serves as management company for a family of UCITS, and its capabilities will be extended to add discretionary portfolio management license. WFAML also serves as global distributor for our non-U.S. distribution activities.
WFAML is a subsidiary of Wells Fargo Funds Management based in the U.S., which is a line of business within Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM). WFAM currently manages separate accounts and pooled funds for clients located outside the U.S. Our funds are registered in 20 countries. Further expansion of our asset management capabilities outside the U.S. is a critical growth initiative for WFAM.
The team has a new opportunity for a Risk Analyst to monitor, analyze and recommend resolutions to risk management processes and issues. Ensure escalation and timely resolution of investment risks. Perform monitoring and testing of investment compliance, business processes, and policies as required to achieve risk-management standards. Consult frequently with the Permanent Risk Manager and Conducting Officers on investment compliance and risk management matters.
- Assess investment eligibility, monitor compliance with fund investment guidelines, and resolve portfolio exceptions/investment breaches
- Report material investment breach issues and ensure timely escalation and resolution
- Perform annual due diligence of the outsourced investment compliance process and system
- Perform and/or review daily market, credit, counterparty, liquidity and operational risks calculations, and escalate non-compliance to senior management
- In collaboration with the Permanent Risk Manager, create and deliver risk management reports to WFAML's management committee and board, and the fund's board
- Review and/or monitor investment risk metrics, VaR calculations, and assess back/stress tests and other portfolio risk measures
- In collaboration with the Permanent Risk Manager and the Conducting Officer, annually update and file the Risk Management Process, other relevant reporting and supporting policies and procedures
- Participate in and lead sections of delegated functional reviews and vendor oversight
- Support product development initiatives through reviews of investment strategy, guidelines, and offering documents
- Participate in the relevant projects
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and build effective networks to ensure the application of best practices
- Fully cooperate with and respond to inquiries from internal and external auditors and regulators
- Participate in the implementation of regulatory requirements impacting the risk function
- Participate in projects involving the risk function
- Participate in the creation and/or review of risk management policies.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Master's degree in risk management, financial analysis or mathematics
- Extensive continuing professional training
- Solid experience in similar risk management roles
- Substantial investment risk management and/or compliance experience within the Luxembourg fund industry
- Very good understanding of Luxembourg asset management rules and UCITS regulation
- Good knowledge of liquid and illiquid assets (loans, infrastructure debt, etc.) a plus
- Good knowledge of Private Equity, Real Estate and Hedge Fund strategies a plus
- Good knowledge of AIFMD a plus
- Knowledge of Factset a plus
- Extensive knowledge of investment regulations, risk metrics, and risk measurement applications
- Ability to independently evaluate issues and make sound business decisions with minimal oversight
- Effective communicator with ability to explain risk issues clearly and succinctly to others
- Strong interpersonal and team skills and ability to build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Manages time effectively to consistently deliver against targets
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to formulate commercially sound recommendations often under conditions of uncertainty
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiatives in terms of documentation and data management.
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge of French or Germana plus.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top