Research/Remediation Representative 3
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG), we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Our Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Collections and Servicing team works with past-due customers to offer solutions for bringing credit card, student loan, personal line and loan, direct auto, retail services and deposit accounts up-to-date. The group also provides customer service for student loan and retail services accounts and works with customers to resolve disputed charges on credit card accounts.
- Thoroughly read and analyze each correspondence to identify request received
- Performs research to determine appropriate course of action, conducting investigative steps to fully identify the issues, researching product information, terms, conditions, contracts, etc., creating correspondence as needed, processing complex and/or corrective transactions on-line (including monetary and non-monetary actions)
- Responds to and researches and resolves inquiries requiring special handling
- Research account history in multiple platforms to ensure accurate resolution is provided on Debt Validation correspondence back to the requestor
- Research 3rd parties to ensure validation or verified Attorney on the state bar. May include outbound calling to these firms to obtain clearer understanding of written request
- Communicates with others (including customers, business partners, debt settlement companies, executives, agencies, regulators, and law firms) to ensure resolution/negotiation of sensitive and/or time-critical matters
- Mitigates high risk process handling of Cease & Desist requests by ensuring all collections efforts are suppressed by department SLA
- Works closely with management and compliance to provide remediation assistance on identified inaccuracies and “raise hand” for any identified root cause origins
- Assist with various projects to review/refine procedures
- Partners closely with EO Complaint Writers to process executive resolution
- Ensure all case handling is properly documented
- May assist manager/team lead in leading project initiatives from design stage to implementation stage
- Duties may also include: assist in training, account maintenance, report generation, project work and work direction
- 2+ years of experience in financial services products in one or a combination of the following: disputes, claims resolution, or fraud resolution
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience resolving and working through escalated and complex customer issues
- Ability to identify and assess issues then make sound decisions
- Ability to manage to production goals, deadlines, and various metrics
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Exposure to Wells Fargo eCaR (Enterprise Collections and Recovery) system
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of FDR (First Data Resources)
- Knowledge and understanding of Hogan
- 1+ year of leadership experience including coaching, training, and mentoring
- Knowledge and understanding of IRRIS
- Prior experience with Cards, Retail, Dillard’s, EFS or PL&L accounts
IA-West Des Moines: 7000 Vista Drive – West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0198354 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top