Research/Remediation Analyst 2
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
About the Role
The Research/Remediation Analyst 2 will be responsible for less complex and defined scope of work. The Research/Remediation Analyst 2 will have less responsibility regarding risk controls and initially no customer contact, but they will contact payees from time to time. Responsible for responding to routine inquiries and complaints from internal and external customers regarding financial products and services. Duties include: processing routine to complex transactions on-line, researching and resolving routine to moderately complex problems and inquiries and referring difficult problems to more senior representatives. Duties may also include: offering solutions to customers to prevent a payment error in the future. Production Processing -completing requests and supporting queues. Ongoing training and development, team meeting and compliance courses. Tracking performance, Quality, and misc. metrics.
- Differentiate, process and research and support resolution of time-sensitive bill payment claim inquiries. Meet and exceeds Service Level Agreement goals
- Meet and exceeds production and quality expectations daily and monthly.
- Utilize support tools (subject matter experts, procedures, etc.), reasoning, and research skills to make sound judgment decisions based on the standard operating procedures.
- Actively engage in mitigating risk, fraud, and identifying efficiencies.
- Engage in all team activities and discussions.
- Keep lines of communication open with management related to questions or discrepancies found within the business rules.
- Adhere to the daily processing pattern for work distribution.
- Ensure compliance with bank processes and compliance regulations
Market Skills and Certifications
- At least 2 years of tertiary education
- At least 2 years of working experience as a Customer Service Representative (or similar) in a BPO environment; preferably with experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, or criminal justice.
- High verbal, written, and comprehension English language proficiency. Prior experience with Wells Fargo credit or debit products is beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding Regulation E.
- Able to multitask and utilize the system of record tool and speak on the telephone to identify and remediate risk issues.
- Must be able to review system of record activity and determine next course of action.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills amongst all levels of the organization.
- Willing to work in shifting schedules
- Willing to work in McKinley
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top