Research & Development Quantum Computing Scientist (SC4) - Innovation Group
- San Francisco, CA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Innovation Group, established in 2015, is a companywide organization devoted to accelerating the company's delivery of next-generation customer-inspired technologies, products, and services. Serving as a catalyst for transformational change across Wells Fargo, the Innovation Group thinks outside of the box to drive long-term value to our customers. The Innovation Group partners with the Bank's businesses and customer channels to focus on creating the products, services, and use of technologies that will allow Wells Fargo to stay competitive and allow our customers to do their banking when, where, and how they would like.
The Innovation R&D (IRD) Quantum Computing Scientist is a newly created individual contributor role which will help IRD with quantum computing support for IRD programs and identifies future threats and opportunities and provides recommendations on future efforts.
Specifically this leader will:
- Support R&D strategic programs with deep subject matter expertise in quantum computing.
- Interface with research labs and academic institution to establish connections and keep up-to-date with the latest trends and technology advances in this area.
- Identify opportunities to use quantum-inspired algorithms for current applications at the bank (fraud detection, portfolio optimization, etc.)
- Use analytical methods to evaluate potential threats and recommend remedies; and potential new efficiencies and revenue opportunities and recommend actions for WF.
- Participate in conferences and Industry associations to influence the direction of technology and research towards Wells Fargo's strategic goals.
- Due diligence of technologies from large enterprises and startups that we may plan to use at Wells Fargo from core science and technology perspective.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in computer architecture and quantum computing.
- Deep working knowledge of quantum computing architectures, platforms, and algorithms.
- Advanced mathematical, analytical, and algorithmic knowledge.
- Advanced skills in simulations and emulation of quantum computing algorithms.
- Hands on prior coding experience to develop algorithms.
- Experience in leading scientific discovery and applying scientific and technological concepts to solve specific business problems
- Comfortable with initial ambiguity and at the same driving towards pragmatic solutions in the enterprise infrastructure and software stack.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed technology team
- Ability to mobilize and motivate team(s) towards a common vision and set of objectives
- Great communications skills. High EQ and ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated creative out-of-the box, and analytical approach to problem solving
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Experience and/or openness to learning new development and product management tools
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- One-team' behavior is a must (not only at R&D level but at the company-level)
- Minimum Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Ph.D. preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top