Relationship Manager (Financial Institutions Group)
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Coverage and relationship management of a designated portfolio of Indian and select APAC South financial institutions customers.
- Grow and maintain a group of assigned Indian Financial Institutions ( FI )and select APAC South FI relationships through a proactive (where possible), strategic and consistent business development, client retention, and focused relationship building effort. Drive the development of lasting, influential, consultative client relationships with key decision makers at all levels.
- Meet quantitative and qualitative portfolio revenue and ROE targets.
Compliance Risk Management
- Commit to a culture which firmly establishes compliance risk management as a discipline critical to our success and the success of our customers
- Ensure compliance with Know-Your-Client (KYC) documentation and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures in order to effectively mitigate and manage risk
- Collaborate extensively with FIG Compliance, APAC Compliance and the FIG Relationship Management Support Team.
- Ensure compliance with Wells Fargo expense policies and procedures including Global Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in the United States, Singapore , India and assigned APAC South markets.
Credit Risk Management
- Oversee the credit risk associated with assigned relationships; review and endorse/recommend credit requests; oversee the effective management of counterparty limits and use market intelligence to capitalize on opportunities and avoid pitfalls in managing bank and country risk.
Product Partner Engagement
- Develop and execute account plans in conjunction with Product and Support partners to define Wells Fargo's holistic objectives for assigned clients and prospects.
- Collaborate effectively with other Wells Fargo groups to meet holistic revenue targets, execute business plans, implement new business, and retain existing business.
- Uphold the Vision, Values, & Goals of Wells Fargo through the behavioral expectations. Strive to exceed customer expectations and build long term relationships with customers.
- Collaborate across teams members, WF Bank N.A customers and WF support functions.
- Commit to the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and principled performance. Follow the principle of doing the right thing, in the right way, and hold oneself accountable.
- Promote diversity and inclusion in all aspects of work and at all levels.
- Follow the principle of lead oneself, lead the team, and lead WF Bank N.A customers.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree
- Minimum 10 years banking experience, including at least 7 years of financial institutions coverage experience and/or relevant product experience as it applies to FIs.
- Strong knowledge/experience in compliance and regulations. Sound understanding of compliance policy and risk, especially KYC, BSA and AML risk.
- Superior hands-on knowledge of Indian FI relationships, market dynamics, macroeconomic and political circumstances. Knowledge and experience of FIs in APAC South is desirable
- Working knowledge of correspondent banking products and solutions.
- Working knowledge of treasury, asset management and capital markets products and services.
- Sound understanding of counterparty and country credit risk and relevant credit risk products.
- Proven track record of marketing transaction products and service.
- Fluency in English (oral, reading and writing) and superior communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in one of the local Indian languages (e.g. Hindi) is preferred.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top