Relationship Manager (Financial Institutions Group)
- Mumbai, India
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
- Supports team and/or strives to deepen relationships with customers and stakeholders, Collaborate with product and support partners who provide the financial services /products that customers require to succeed.
- Identify and nurture multiple partnerships within Wells Fargo in order to connect customers in relevant and effective conversations with the right partner specialists related to needs.
- Contribute towards operational efficiency efforts and commitment to E&E deliverables.
Develop understanding of the risks that are present around the role and responsibility as a Relationship Manager including compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and adherence to internal policies and procedures and controls.
- Promote Wells Fargo credit & risk management culture through regular follow up on obtaining credit related information from customers and market intelligence, escalate any early warning signs relate to WF credit exposure. Assist WFBNA offshore in avoiding preventable loan losses by identifying and raising issues arising from information gathering and market intelligence.
- Shows sound judgment, exhibits credit acumen & skills needed to assist in all aspects of the credit & risk management related to information gathering and market intelligence
- Make satisfactory responses to Risk Asset Review & other internal & external audit findings (as applicable).
- Promote a partnership between front line and Independent Risk Management with the goal of assisting WFBNA offshore to reach the best decisions for Wells Fargo's stakeholders & ensuring compliance issues are identified, raised, & resolved by management.
- Understand ALL risks (i.e. Compliance (including Financial Crime), Credit, Interest rate, Liquidity, Market, Model, Operational, Reputational, Strategic) with a goal of assisting WFBNA offshore manage risks within its existing and prospect client portfolio .
- Take a balanced approach in identifying, raising, articulating and mitigating (where possible) any risks in a thoughtful, proactive manner consistent with the risk appetite as well as the vision and values of Wells Fargo. These should include an appreciation and understanding of Enterprise, Line of Business, Country and Legal Entity risks and requirements.
- Satisfactory or Effective ratings to be achieved for Internal Audits, RAR exams, Compliance Testing and Validation and any external/regulatory audits as maybe applicable.
- Assist Line of Business in various Risk committee meetings.
- A thorough understanding and application of the applicable policies and procedures used to comply with the relevant rules and regulations, including Financial Crimes, Operational Risk and Compliance.
- Strength and clarity of written and oral escalation and documentation of the above to senior management within the Lines of Business or other escalation route, as appropriate.
- Understanding of and assisting WFBNA offshore in complying with the applicable CDD/EDD Standards for all new and existing customers. Securing the documentation, assisting WFBNA offshore in performing its risk assessments, and contributing towards WFBNA offshore's comprehensive written customer risk narratives as required by applicable CDD/EDD Standards.
- Compliance with all Enterprise, Wholesale and other applicable Financial Crimes policies, procedures and programs including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Fraud.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree
- Minimum 10 to 12 years banking experience, including at least 5 years of financial institutions coverage experience and/or relevant product experience as it applies to Financial Institutions.
- Strong knowledge/experience in compliance and regulations. Sound understanding of compliance policy and risk, especially KYC, BSA and AML risk.
- Superior hands-on knowledge of Indian Financial Institutions relationships, market dynamics, macroeconomic and political circumstances.
- Working knowledge of correspondent banking products and solutions.
- Working knowledge of treasury, asset management and/or capital markets products and services.
- Sound understanding of counterparty and country credit risk and relevant credit risk products.
- Experience and knowledge of transaction products and service.
- Fluency in English (oral, reading and writing); superior communication and presentation skills. Knowledge of other Indian languages is desirable.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top