Relationship Manager 4
Government and Institutional Banking (GIB): Unique to the industry, GIB brings together Capital Markets and Commercial Banking solutions for the government, education, tax-exempt and non profit healthcare sectors into one team, offering an integrated approach that centers our business around the needs of our client. We take great pride in approaching each relationship individually, as one team, leveraging the resources of Wells Fargo to create the most value for our client.
Senior level position focused on government banking relationship management. Duties include: representing the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships with the most important/key clients and generating revenues; actively participating in the completion of major transactions involving senior level internal product partners; originating, structuring and executing the largest most complex transactions related to Investment banking, traditional commercial lending and/or other debt related products.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of account relationship management experience
- Account relationship management experience
- Experience consistently delivering strong sales performance
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of negotiating: interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial or specialty group: lending, loan servicing, products, and credit practices
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of demonstrated successful client relationship management experience
- Strong strategic relationship planning and sales execution skills
- Experience in account relationship management to include complex commercial, corporate, higher education or government clients
- Direct experience as relationship manager or similar role serving the municipal government client sector and/or higher education sector.
- South FL market experience
- Knowledge of broad cross sell product set to include treasury management, capital markets, investments, insurance, and card products
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0056147 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top