Regulatory Reporting Consultant
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Responsible for the production of monthly and quarterly Central Bank of Ireland Regulatory Returns. The successful candidate will also work closely with other team members and IT on the implementation of new reporting requirements and assist in the user acceptance testing of system upgrades / enhancements.
The Regulatory Reporting team is part of the controllers team responsible for all external financial reporting for WFBI. The successful candidate will be joining a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment. The role offers the successful candidate a great opportunity to gain additional experience in an increasingly important area of Financial Services.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Production of monthly Irish and German statistical returns
- Production of / assisting with the compilation of monthly and quarterly prudential returns
- Ensure procedures and processes associated with the compilation of the returns / tasks assigned remain up to date
- Testing of new or upgraded systems and software
- Work with lines of business and functional teams to improve quality of data capture
- Prepare and verify the accuracy of variances
- Reconciliation of regulatory reporting data to Financial Statements
- Investigate queries for Regulators, external auditors and internal auditors
- Develop and maintain knowledge of product types and associated accounting treatment
- Keep up to date with Regulatory developments.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Experience in a Regulatory reporting team highly desirable however candidates with a strong performance record in the financial services industry looking to move into Regulatory reporting will be considered.
- Qualified accountant ACA or ACCA or equivalent honours university graduate
- Demonstrated capacity for working with minimal direction to deliver desired results
- Knowledge and experience of IFRS financial reporting desirable
- Excellent skills with excel
- Knowledge of financial products
- Knowledge of FRS Global desirable
- Strong attention to detail is a prerequisite
- Prioritisation skills important
- Honesty and integrity are a prerequisite
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top