Regulatory Reporting Consultant
- London, United Kingdom
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
EMEA Controllers group is responsible for all regulatory, external and management reporting requirements in the region. The team provides local support for varied financial service business lines.
This position will be part of a team responsible for all regulatory reporting for a dealer broker based in London - UK, European and US.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Assist with daily, monthly & quarterly regulatory reporting required by UK financial regulators. These tasks primarily focus on supervisory reporting. Part of the team responsible for preparation of COREP and liquidity reporting (FSA047 and FSA048).
- Assist with tasks within daily, monthly and quarterly regulatory reporting required by US regulators.
- Ensure all FCA and US regulatory reporting remains compliant with the relevant requirements and guidelines.
- Provide expertise interpreting regulations and reporting guidance applicable to a Dealer-Broker, and challenging existing practice.
- Assist in the review processes, including deep-dive reviews for the above Regulatory Reporting deliverables to identify and implement improvements to the control environment.
- Assist in the review processes for the above Regulatory Reporting deliverables to identify and implement improvements to systems capabilities.
- Re-engineer legacy manual processes and document new processes to be compliant with corporate end user computer tools (EUCT) standards.
- Standardise documentation for the local regulatory reporting and manage the periodic updates and reviews of those documents.
- Support the planning, testing and implementation of projects and initiatives, which affect the Regulatory Reporting and wider Finance team.
- Assess and recommend approaches for issues.
- Provide leave of absence cover for the production of other deliverables within the department as appropriate in order to satisfy internal control framework requirements.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Qualified accountant.
- Experience of a UK Dealer Broker is highly preferable.
- Experience compiling FCA and European regulatory returns, particularly COREP and liquidity returns.
- Excellent Excel skills and comfortable manipulating large quantities of data.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Strong academic background and degree educated.
- Honesty and integrity in all aspects of their work.
- Strong communicator.
- Intuitive; fast leaner with good problem solving skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top