Regional Global Payment Services Sales Manager, Indonesia & Vietnam
Global Payment Services (GPS)
GPS is a leader in meeting customers' settlement needs in USD, and other supported Multi Currencies. GPS offers payment processing services to global financial institutions worldwide, mainly banks with particular focus and strengths in commercial payments and treasury settlements as well as related liquidity products.
Based in Singapore, reporting to the South East Asia Regional Sales Manager and partnering with the Relationship Managers, the GPS Regional Sales Manager is the primary client contact for all Financial Institutions Group (FIG) Payment related matters and has the responsibility to lead, manage and develop payment related business activities with select Financial Institutions in the specified markets with a goal of achieving the customer experience delivery and revenue targets assigned.
GPS Sales and Client Management
- The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving targets and growing the GPS revenue through annuity retention and business origination.
- Market to clients and prospects within the specified market proposing payment solutions to support their needs and business requirements. Estimate approximately 50-60% of time spent visiting, including branch calling if appropriate.
- Actively calling across management levels and divisions of the customers with specific attention to financial institution division, network management, foreign and treasury operations.
- Manage response to Request For Proposals, negotiating account terms and conditions with client and ensuring the successful implementation of the solution for the client.
- Actively managing the administration aspect of product proposals, including pricing requests, data requests, proposal preparations/requests and pipeline management.
- Report progress against financial and customer experience goals established including updating all sales related activity in Management Information Systems (e.g. Salesforce).
Market Strategy Development
- Provide competitor and market intelligence.
- Identify and support new product idea generation/conceptualization.
- Track competitive, product and pricing trends in the respective market.
- Develop and implement an agreed market and client strategic vision.
- Protect Wells Fargo against reputational, credit or operating risk by establishing the appropriate intra-day credit facility and notifying compliance and/or Credit Risk management of any negative market rumors or client behavior.
- Provide input and support to Relationship Manager for Relationship memo regarding expected product activity AvA management. Support Relationship Managers (RM) as required including client interaction and follow up to respond to variance reviews.
- Provide support as necessary to RM/FIG Core/Risk on all GPS matters including TEDDs, client reviews.
- Ensure all proposals have appropriate compliance and/or operations committee approval before being submitted to client.
People and Sales Management
- Work closely with FIG Relationship Management, Compliance/Risk, Legal (and other support groups) as required.
- Active engagement with GPS subject matter experts: Product Management, Customer Experience, Operations, Implementations to ensure effective delivery and servicing of client activity.
- Working together with market and regional customer service teams to ensure service standards and prompt delivery of service to clients (i.e. on-site regular relationship service and activity reviews) and ensuring all workflow submissions are accurate.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Strong client focus and service orientation with proficient experience selling payment solutions to achieve client's business needs (Consultative Selling).
- Sales experience with financial institutions and product knowledge of USD international payments including treasury settlements, commercial payments and trade settlements.
- An awareness of foreign exchange services is an advantage.
- Understanding of competitive landscape and banking trends in the country.
- Fluencyin spoken Bahasa, with an acute understanding of the countries customs and culture is an advantage.
- Well-developed presentationand training skills.
- Self - motivated with a strong revenue goal orientation, and can work well in a team orientated environment.
- Self-disciplined with strong organizational skills.
- Good influencing skills and comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment.
- Ability to work across all levels of a client's organization as well as interfacing across functional areas (operations, network management, product management).
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company.They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top