Real Estate Relationship Manager 1
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Hospitality Finance Group (HFG) is a specialty lending division within Wells Fargo's Commercial Real Estate platform that provides financial products and services to leading hotel owners throughout the United States, Canada and the UK. HFG team members focus exclusively on the lodging sector. Target customers include large, well-capitalized private owner/operators, institutional real estate funds dedicated to lodging investments, and both public and private hotel REITs and C-Corps. Our underwriting analyzes People/Credit /Real Estate in that order. Lending activities today emphasize interim refinancing of stabilized hotel properties that are leaders in their competitive set, hotel acquisition and repositioning loans, and, on a very selective basis, hotel construction and redevelopment financing.
- Collaborate with senior relationship managers to build and manage existing HFG client relationships, and identify and establish high potential new relationships with leading hotel owners in the eastern region.
- Perform market research to support key assumptions in underwritings/financial models.
- Prepare the initial evaluation of collateral hotel(s) using financial models and well supported forecast assumptions.
- Prepare detailed financial reviews of HFG sponsors and prospects.
- Collaborate with the HFG Technical Services Group to complete comprehensive hotel collateral underwriting, including cash flow projections, comp set evaluation, market analyses and supply/demand/penetration assessments.
- Assist in the monitoring of the existing loan portfolio including review of monthly operating information and STR reports, and preparation of quarterly relationship and loan reports on CRE's proprietary QSR system.
- Assist with the preparation of detailed loan updates and operating forecasts for senior management and credit partners.
- Assist senior relationship mangers with the closing of a transaction.
- Represent Wells Fargo at major industry events and conferences.
- 1+ year of account relationship management experience, credit analysis experience, or a combination of both
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical and quantitative analysis skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong technical/computer skills to maintain various models, and handle multiple ad hoc requests
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2 years or greater of real estate finance experience, with a strong preference for hotel specific experience
- Exceptional analytical skills, leadership ability, professional maturity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well in teams
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in hotel management or real estate
- Coursework in accounting and/or finance
- Experience in either the hotel industry, hotel consulting or secured hotel lending
- Excellent knowledge of Excel & Word
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0064277 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top