RE Relationship Manager 3
The Hospitality Finance Group (HFG) is a specialty lending division within Wells Fargo's Commercial Real Estate platform that provides financial products and services to leading hotel owners throughout the United States, Canada and the UK. HFG team members focus exclusively on the lodging sector. Target customers include large, well-capitalized private owner/operators, institutional real estate funds dedicated to lodging investments, and both public and private hotel REITs and C-Corps. Our underwriting analyzes People/Credit /Real Estate in that order. Lending activities today emphasize interim refinancing of stabilized hotel properties that are leaders in their competitive set, hotel acquisition and repositioning loans, and, on a very selective basis, hotel construction and redevelopment financing.
- Collaborate with senior relationship managers to build and manage existing HFG client relationships, and identify and establish high potential new relationships with leading hotel owners in the eastern region. Relationship manager will be responsible for covering a portfolio of clients with the support of others on the HFG team
- Prepare detailed financial reviews of HFG sponsors and prospects
- Source new hotel financing opportunities and prepare internal deal memorandums, recommend loan structures, and draft formal term sheets
- Collaborate with the HFG Technical Services Group to complete comprehensive hotel collateral underwriting, including cash flow projections, comp set evaluation, market analyses and supply/demand/penetration assessments
- Monitor and asset manage the existing loan portfolio including review of monthly operating information and STR reports, and preparation of quarterly relationship and loan reports on CRE's proprietary QSR system
- Assist with the preparation of detailed loan updates and operating forecasts for senior management
- Review and assist with negotiating Loan Agreements and ancillary documents related to the closing of a transaction
- Identify client needs and potential opportunities for other Wells Fargo services (e.g. CMBS, cash management, interest rate caps/swaps, Eastdil Secured, etc.)
- Represent Wells Fargo at major industry events and conferences
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of relationship management experience, commercial real estate experience, or a combination of both
- Experience developing and maintaining client relationships
- Experience generating revenue and actively participating in the successful completion of complex transactions
- Ability to apply sound judgment in the application of analytical conclusions to credit approval, structure, and management recommendations
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6 years or greater of real estate finance experience, with a strong preference for hotel specific experience
- Candidate must have exceptional analytical skills, leadership ability, professional maturity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well in teams
- Candidates will have an undergraduate or graduate degree in hotel management or real estate with coursework in accounting and/or finance
- Experience in either the hotel industry, hotel consulting or secured hotel lending
- Excellent knowledge of Excel & Word
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0064277 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top