Quantitative Software Engineer
This position is for a software developer focusing on counterparty credit risk within the Quantitative Analytics team of the broader Enterprise Market Risk Technology (EMRT) group. EMRT works with its business partners to identify, measure, aggregate and report firm-wide market and counterparty credit risk. The Quantitative Analytics team is specifically responsible for building, enhancing, and maintaining the core risk analytics used for calculation of firm-wide market and counterparty credit risk.
The core risk analytics software utilizes core Java, SQL Server, Autosys, IBM Symphony, and Coherence and consists of the following:
- A framework to integrate models for valuing a broad spectrum of assets (equities, fixed income, commodities, foreign exchange, structured products) and their associated derivatives
- Models to perform the valuations - Some models are built in-house, some are integrated 3rd party libraries, and some are integrated as calls to trading/valuation systems.
- Monte Carlo simulation engines to simulate market data for Potential Future Exposure (PFE)
- High performance distributed computation grid and in-memory cache
Candidates applying for this position should be prepared to work in this software environment with the following expectations:
- Perform as an individual contributor developing software for the various risk analytics processes
- Work directly with business analysts, Quantitative Risk Analytics group (Quants), and business partners to understand requirements, design, and build solutions
- Read and understand business specifications and create functional specifications from them
- Create thorough designs - taking care to assure that designs integrate well into existing architecture
- Write high quality code in the Java language using object oriented principals and design patterns as appropriate
- Create/modify SQL Server database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, etc) as needed
- Perform high quality thorough unit testing and documentation of development activities
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires a solid grasp of both computing and business/risk domains
- Work with large data sets requiring extreme attention to computational efficiency, parallelism, scalability, and object reuse and data management under concurrent processes
- Assure quality, maintainability, and extensibility for supported systems and risk applications
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of Object Oriented experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Securities industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Autosys
- Knowledge and understanding of system development, system lifecycle development, system architecture and hardware configurations
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: analysis and design
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: design patterns and their application
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Experience with Datasynapse, IBM Symphony, Coherence, or other distribution and memory grid technologies
Experience working with these technologies in a financial/capital markets environment
Experience in VBA programming, particularly in Excel with database and financial packages
Exposure to Autosys or similar job scheduling applications
Exposure to Eclipse, Junit, JIRA, Jenkins, SVN, Git
Exposure to Java performance analysis and improvements
Basic understanding of financial concepts and instrument types with a preference on Counterparty Credit Risk knowledge
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0163095 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top