At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Inside Mortgage Finance )
Our Capital Markets team manages the interest rate and operational risks associated with the origination, sale and servicing of mortgage loans, and provides liquidity for the mortgage assets originated by Wells Fargo.
The Capital Markets Model Development team is seeking a skilled and experienced Quantitative Associate (QA). The QA hired into this role will be responsible for performing highly complex activities related to complex financial products, business analysis and/or risk modeling.
This QA requires application of applied mathematics/engineering/analytical modeling to create robust and high performing financial valuation and forecasting solutions. This job requires knowledge of financial products and/or portfolios assigned and the ability to synthesize data to "form a story" and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective. Successful candidates will understand structured securities, cash flow, credit impacts and may specialize in market and interest rate research; developing modeling systems; and/or high level applications to support real-time trading, deal structuring, research and investment decisions, etc.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advising on or participating in the discussion related to analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or modeling and offering insights regarding a wide array of business initiatives
- Working on development, testing, and implementation of OAS valuation, Risk Management and Statistical models for Mortgage Servicing Rights, Mortgage Backed Securities and Interest Rate Derivatives using Polypaths and C++
- Performing ongoing maintenance and research on models for risk management of mortgage and fixed-income products
- Developing model performance metrics like statistical back tests or P&L explanation analysis
- Conducting periodic reporting and analysis of model performance
- Maintaining and enhancing historical data sets
- Maintaining up-to-date model documentation
- Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics upon start date of the program
Other Desired Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Math
- 2+ years of recent professional experience in C++ development
- Experience in implementing financial models, preferably in fixed income
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Knowledge in Software Lifecycle Management (test driven development, continuous integration)
- Knowledge in performance enhancement techniques
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment with a demanding workload
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0218226 COMMUNITY BKG
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top