Quantitative Analytics Consultant 2 - Lead Data Scientist
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Help architect our future. Be a leader of leaders. Get ready for your perfect job, one that encourages you to think strategically yet stay connected with your teams. Prepare to innovate, create, and inspire.
Marketing leads the development of integrated marketing strategies across Wells Fargo's 90 plus business lines and national geography. The group is responsible for brand strategy and advertising, database and experiential marketing including the company's 12 history museums, integrated program and product development, market research and related customer analytics, and diverse segments strategy and business development.
This role is part of the Insights and Analytics Team (I&A), which is a new and exciting team striving to provide best-in class analytic support. Our charter is to provide meaningful insights that inform our business/customer marketing strategies as well as our broader Wells Fargo strategic initiatives through growth opportunities.
Within I&A, the Marketing Sciences Team researches and develops new and innovative solutions to personalized marketing to better serve customer needs and optimize the customer experience.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS):
- Design and architect intelligent data-driven solutions and systems for banking applications.
- Work with product managers and business owners to define the requirements and translate the business needs into concrete deliverables.
- Work with other teams across the organization including Enterprise Data and Analytics, Enterprise IT and Enterprise Risk to develop, test and deploy the applications.
- Research advances in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and explore their application in banking by building working prototypes.
- Be able to present complex technical insights to executives and business users.
- Mentor more junior data scientists.
- Act as a consultant for other teams both within the Insights and Analytics organization and within the broader Wells Fargo organization for projects related to predictive modeling and machine learning.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories .
- 4+ years of experience in an advanced scientific or mathematical field
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
- Ability to work independently
- Financial services experience
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience building machine learning based applications
- Hands-on experience in Machine Learning: e.g. predictive models, classification, collaborative filtering, deep learning, Markov models
- Experience with big data and big data platforms: e.g. Hadoop & Spark
- Experience with machine learning development tools such as Python and R
- Text analytics and NLP Experience
- Experience with machine learning applications in marketing: e.g. Churn prediction, campaign optimization, personalization, next best action and segmentation.
- Data driven application development experience
- M.Sc. or a Ph.D. in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0213079 CHIEFADMINOFFIC/CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top