Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
A successful applicant will be a quantitative developer in the Quantitative Strategies Team in Wells Fargo Securities, with a focus on Vasara development. Vasara is the next generation risk platform for the bank. It is an ambitious, green field initiative to tackle the bank's risk computation challenges within capital markets, from ticking risk for trading desks to market risk and capital calculations such us FRTB and CCAR.
Vasara is a joint venture between Technology and Quants, and you will be working within the Quant organization, with a focus on specific risk management and pricing solutions for our trading partners. The solutions will be tailored to practical needs, but expected to be asset agnostic, so that we achieve maximum consistency and re-usability.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Drive the development of tools to facilitate Market Risk calculations such as VaR and CCAR. In particular: (i) time series generation; (ii) application of stressed and/or modified scenarios to market data objects; (iii) produce mathematical tools so that scenario application doesn't introduce arbitrage conditions or unexpected behavior.
- Review requirements, design, develop, test and strive to deliver high-quality maintainable code in an agile SDLC.
- Communicate effectively with team members and partners in different areas, both within and beyond Vasara: Front Office Quants and Trading, Technology, Market Risk.
- 7+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- 6+ years of quantitative development experience
- 3+ years of capital markets experience
- 3+ years of derivatives experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 4+ years of Java experience
- 2+ years of C++ experience
- A Master's degree or higher in science or technology
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.