Market Job Description
Wells Fargo’s International Group operates from 35 countries and territories outside the U.S., including branches in Beijing, the Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto. The business serves the financial needs of U.S. corporate and commercial customers doing business globally, as well as multinational companies doing business in the U.S.
The Portfolio and Program Management Group has a new opportunity for a highly experienced Project Manager to join the team based in London.
This is a business project management position focusing on projects specific to the EMEA Region, both for the International Group (IWS) and other EMEA Lines of Business, and for those where IG/EMEA Region is a stakeholder for Enterprise initiatives. This role will focus mainly, but not exclusively, on the Wells Fargo Bank N.A. London Branch implementation of the Wholesale International Program
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required).
- Lead indirect project teams and manage all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end.
- Interact with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects.
- Consult with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets and business cases, including statements of work.
- Create and deliver presentations on program or project goals, and detailed work-plans / traceability matrices, including progress reports, working across multiple lines of business and functions.
- Understand and implement program and project level processes, procedures and performance metrics.
- Manage a family or series of projects associated with a specific business strategy to obtain benefits and controls.
- Ensure program / project-related risks are managed according to the Project Management Policy.
- Directly and indirectly influence leadership, key stakeholders, team members and external providers to ensure successful outcome of program deliverables.
- Directly manage program / project expenses for Business and Technology resources to ensure project financial goals met.
- Define appropriate level of program / project governance based on size, duration and complexity of change.
- Manages indirect team members in multiple global locations to ensure program / project deliverables met.
NOTE: Stakeholders are located across the globe with a heavy concentration in the United States.
Market Skills and Certifications
Skills and Requirements:
- Extensive management / project management experience and the ability to clearly demonstrate the management of cross functional / cross discipline teams both through direct management and influence.
- Strong knowledge of project / program management concepts and the ability to pragmatically apply to maximize outcomes.
- Ability to lead/manage multiple initiatives at the same time and the inherent prioritization of work effort that ensues.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to interpret and synthesize complex business and technical environments to scope and control project work.
- Excellent influencing skills, with the demonstrated credibility to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders, both within EMEA and the United States.
- Proven experience indirectly influencing experienced project management professionals in multiple locations and time-zones.
- Experience and knowledge of the EMEA Regional business model (or similar), and International Banking.
- Extensive knowledge of banking systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels of management and interpersonal styles.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top