Project Manager 6-Cross Enterprise Business
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
We are currently developing a project management team that will serve as an internal resource pool for both cross-enterprise initiatives and under-served areas of the company who do not otherwise have access to this capability within their own groups. This team will support a broad range of initiatives, serving businesses throughout the Wells Fargo enterprise, and as such offers the opportunity to build a diverse set of program and project experiences and perspective.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Providing senior level leadership for project teams and managing activities associated with high visibility programs or projects that are long-term, unique and significant in risk, scope and complexity and have substantial impact to the bottom line.
- Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to programs and/or critical projects.
- May be viewed as a program expert.
- Interacts with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects.
- Manages a program or a series of projects associated with a specific business strategy to obtain benefits and controls.
- Ensure program-related risks are managed in an effective and efficient manner according to the Project Management Policy.
- May directly manage but often matrix manage project staff, including selection, training and conducting performance evaluations
- Open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Ability to manage in a matrixed organization environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Superior project management skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working on large-scale organizational change initiatives
- Experience working closely with senior leaders across the enterprise
- Ability to present and discuss information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Leads by example with high energy, transparency, relationship management, and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with strategic business focus and vision
- Strong process orientation and enforcement
- Strong understanding of core enterprise functions and capabilities
- Comfort with ambiguity and an orientation towards change
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0214561 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top