Project Manager 5 - Business Project Manager 5
We are seeking a senior Business Project Manager to be part of the WBS/International Portfolio and Program Management Group (PPMG).
PPMG provides project leadership and facilitates project investment management and project prioritization to the Wholesale Business Solutions group and the International Line of business within Wells Fargo.
We are seeking a seasoned project leader with proven experience that will work on a regular basis with all levels of the Wholesale Business Solutions group, the Technology Group and the Wholesale Financial Crimes risk and compliance group.
The Business Project Manager (BPM) will be responsible for:
- Leading project teams and managing all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with high visibility projects that are long-term, across one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses
- Consulting with business partners to clarify and define the project business case, budget and scope
- Creating and delivering presentations on project goals and plans, including progress reports
- May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors
- May be responsible for managing project budgets from 250K to multimillion dollar efforts.
- Adhering to and championing the Project Methodology standards that support the WF Project Management Policy
Additional Job Details:
This position will support Wholesale Business Solutions and Wholesale Financial crimes in implementing strategic initiatives that will update and improve the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) process and technology for financial Institution customers (FI’s). It will also manage projects to update and enhance our legacy CDD tool, COPS.
Candidates without documented experience delivering the following qualifications will not be considered. Please document direct experience delivering as many of the following as possible:
- Understand the strategic goals of the program, and manage the implementation plan appropriate to each Line of Business
- Walk the org structure of a Line of Business to identify and engage senior management, SMEs, technical experts, and users as partners in the full SDLC
- Lead a team of business analysts, testers, and Line of Business partners through the implementation of Lines of Business onto a new CDD application
- Seamlessly partner with all Technology, Product managers, lines of business and Financial crime risk officers in the delivery of the complete solution
- Implement a communication plan, lead project working group meetings (information gathering) and project status meetings (reporting up), and create project status reports
- Plan, track, and communicate tasks and progress through significant, real, and recent hands-on experience managing complex project schedules using Microsoft Project
- Create and deliver project presentations, using Microsoft PowerPoint, to the project team (to provide direction and gain buy-in), to the Line of Business and other key partners (to tell the story and gain partnership), and to program executives (to provide status and obtain decisions)
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Change management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years software implementation experience, including release management experience
- Experience with Wells Fargo Project Methodology & PMUWS
- Business experience implementing solutions in the BSA/AML sector highly desirable
- Experience delivering projects in the Wholesale banking sector
- Experience delivering business application projects
- Ability to work effectively in environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- CRMS, COPS or Actimize experience a plus
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0109490 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top