Project Manager 5 - Business Project Manager
Portfolio and Program Management
The Portfolio and Program Management Group (PPMG) is looking for a Business Project Manager to lead large scale projects that are critical to the success of the business. This position with report to the Data Management Portfolio manager within PPMG.
The role will focus on the following key areas:
- Executing and leading large virtual project teams without direct line of authority and managing all activities in the project life-cycle (initiation planning,executing/controlling, and closing). Projects have high visibility, are long-term, cross one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant business unit(s)
- Providing project management support to Portfolio leadership in the management of relationships and integration /implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as appropriate
- Consulting with business partners to clarify and define the project business case, budget and scope
- Creating and delivering presentations on project goals and plans, including detailed status reports, project health reports, and trending information
- Responsible for project forecast and ensuring actuals to forecast are within +/- 3% month over month
- Ensures adherence to formal project methodology; specifically in the creation of business cases, project initiation, development of comprehensive business requirements, identification of project interdependencies, general oversight of the development life cycle and testing strategies and the planning for successful
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Wholesale banking experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0060516 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top