Project Manager 4
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage team supports the nation’s leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
As part of the National Project Delivery Team, this Project Manager will be responsible and held accountable to lead medium- to large-scale projects and programs. Projects may relate to business process, system or regulation changes and may be very complex in nature along with medium to high in risk and scope. Projects may be long-term and have impacts across the line of business.
Hiring manager is Greg Smith
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- May manage a group or series of projects associated with a specific business strategy to obtain benefits and controls; develop and revise project plans, budgets, and status
- Responsible for leading project teams and managing all activities (including strategy and ideation), in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with projects that are long-term, line of business-wide and medium to high in risk, scope, complexity
- Consult with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and business case, including development of a statement of work
- Develop and revise complex project plans and budgets (up to $5 million), works with users to understand complex problems and focuses on bringing issues to resolution, escalating as necessary to meet timelines, while demonstrating strong organizational skills and ability to adjust for shifting priorities
- Create and deliver effective presentations to senior management on projects goals and plans, including status reports
- Develop and implement program and project level processes, procedures and performance metrics
- May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors
- Proficient use of MS Office applications, Project, Visio, Live Meeting, and SharePoint
- May directly or matrix manage 1 or 2 project staff team members
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines amid shifting priorities
Candidates for this position are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Effectively leverage resources needed for large/high-risk projects
- Collaborate effectively with external and internal customers and partners
- Bridge differences between parties to come to an agreed upon solutions
- Coach and mentor project team members
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how the business will successfully execute their plans
- Establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources; reconcile conflicts, break-down high-level information into details
- Demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills
- 7+ years of project management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrate ability to manage project allocated resources, without direct authority
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of project management life cycle methodologies, tools and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of peers: senior leaders, managers, and subject matter experts
- Excellent facilitation, leadership, relationship management and organizational skills
- Experience in leading large working sessions either in person and virtually
- Effectively consults to understand expectations and needs to ensure project solution(s) will meet business goals
- Excellent negotiating skills with diverse group of senior leaders, managers, and subject matter experts
- Experience managing essential risk mitigation activities including identification, tracking, follow-up, escalation, and contingency planning on risks, issues
- Demonstrate experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrate experience creating and delivering presentations on project goals and plans, including status reports
- Experience communicating with team members and project staff working in remote locations
- Ability to lead and champion change management efforts
- Business Project Management experience
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $76,700 Mid: $108,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $76,700 Mid: $108,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $76,700 Mid: $108,000
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy – West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way – Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd – Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0039170 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top