Project Manager 3
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Project Manager 3 will be responsible for leading project teams and managing all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with projects that are across multiple departments within a line of business segment and medium risk, scope and complexity. Consults with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and business case, including development of a statement of work. Develops and revises project plans and budgets, works with users to understand complex problems and focuses on bringing issues to resolution, escalating as necessary to meet timelines. Creates and delivers presentations to mid-senior level management on project goals and plans, including progress reports. May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing client expectations. May manage a group of projects associated with a specific business function. Performs project risk analysis. May lead project staff, including training and providing input to performance evaluations.
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of retirement services experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with client, multiple levels of team members, including senior level managers
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead projects across multiple
- Knowledge of the WySUITE recordkeeping platform including surround systems and web applications
- Detail oriented, strong organizational, presentation, communication, judgment and facilitation skills.
- Client service focused
- CRSP, ASPA, or CEBS designation.
- 4 year degree or equivalent with an emphasis in finance, business, accounting or a related field or comparable experience in Employee Benefit Administration/Recordkeeping.
- Proven leadership experience with team members and customers.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take corrective action before there is an adverse impact on deliverables.
- Demonstrated excellence in a service oriented and detail management role.
- Experience in project management and leading cross functional teams in the set-up of new processes, technology or systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and seamlessly pivot from one project-to-another.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-team environment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and systems used create and maintain recordkeeping accounts
- Proven ability to working internally and externally with vendors, partners, and 3rd party providers to successfully meet the needs of the customer base.
- Demonstrated experience as a strong individual contributor and ability work independently with limited supervision.
- Effectively partner with internal and external partners and clients
- Effectively network and collaborate across teams
- Methodical approach to problem resolution with a clear emphasis on understanding and process improvement
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top