Project Management Manager 4
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Corporate Risk Portfolio Management Office (CRPMO) effectively responds to program/project management needs, delivery of business solutions and compliance with the Program/Project Management policy. The CRPMO champions the partnership with Corporate Risk leadership and the Ecosystems, Investment Optimization Office and the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO). This team will support a broad range of initiatives, serving Risk Organizations and their business partners throughout the Wells Fargo enterprise, and as such offers the opportunity to build a diverse set of project experiences and perspective.
This Project Management Manager will join the Corporate Risk Portfolio Management Office, providing project management support for Corporate Risk Leaders executing initiatives overseen by the Consent Order Program Office, helping management organize, prioritize, document, and track progress for initiatives and projects ranging from short-term tactical tasks to long-term strategic efforts. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for overseeing all activities and people associated with projects that are across two or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses, directly and through subordinates. Will manage a program or series of projects associated with a specific business strategy to obtain benefits and controls and interact with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading a team of Project Managers, ensuring they are following the Enterprise Program and Project Methodologies to manage all activities, required documentation, and EPM records in a project life-cycle, including initiation, planning, executing, controlling, and closing;
- Provides senior level leadership, managing activities associated with high-visibility regulatory projects that are significant in risk, scope, and complexity and have substantial impact to Wells Fargo;
- Partners closely with senior leadership and stakeholders across the Enterprise to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects;
- Initiates and directs and directing highly complex projects, including those managed by others;
- Oversees project staff in their development of complex project charters, business cases, risk analyses, project requirements, and project plans;
- Analyzes profitability, policy, programs and staffing to ensure optimal business results;
- Oversees program/project control and related risks, ensuring rigorous monitoring and escalation of dependencies, risks, and issues;
- Manages program/project financials;
- Develops and/or authorizes policies/procedures/controls within scope of project to optimize results while ensuring compliance with government regulations and enterprise policies.
- Creates and delivers presentations for senior leadership on program or project goals and plans, including ongoing progress/status reports
- Demonstrates the ability to manage prioritization of competing business needs, demonstrating the ability to lead through ambiguity, partner productively with matrixed project workgroups, and drive successful timely execution of key deliverables
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses advanced skills in Microsoft Project as well as Microsoft Office programs (PPT, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed and work effectively in a remote support model, driving results and building relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
(Also open to hub markets: Phoenix, Portland, Denver, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Des Moines, San Antonio, St. Louis, Dallas, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Raleigh)
- 10+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience managing complex projects in a large enterprise environment
- Workforce management experience including: directing activities of team members, performance management, career development, coaching, mentoring, and succession planning
- Project Management Institute Certification (PMI)
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Previous program/project management experience with regulatory efforts
- Proven ability to drive collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including Audit Services, Legal, and external counsel
- Experience with enterprise-class project/portfolio management tools such as CA PPM (formerly Clarity)
- Initiating and directing highly complex projects, including those managed by others;
- Overseeing project staff in their identification of requirements, development of project plans and strategies, and preparation of business cases;
- Regularly influencing and negotiating with senior management;
- Overseeing program/project controls and related issues/risks;
- Managing multi-year program/project financials for a portfolio of projects;
- Experience in managing project policy compliance including identifying, reporting, and remediating issues.
- Experience working with project sponsors to identify high level requirements, benefits, priorities, and costs; shepherd through the pipeline process to an active funded project.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
0154889 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Back to top