Product Manager 2 Masters Program
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation's third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
This Product Manager 2 /Masters Product Consultant within the Advisory Products Group/Financial Services Group of Wells Fargo Advisors is responsible for product management and strategic focus for the separate account advisory programs serving all financial advisor channels.
The mission of the separate account programs, Masters, Compass, Diversified Managed Allocations (DMA), Allocation Advisors, Private Advisor Network, and Customized Portfolio, is to provide Financial Advisors and clients a professionally managed, separate account where the client pays an all-inclusive annual fee that covers a package of services including portfolio management, custody of assets, all transaction charges, consulting and advisory services, due diligence, monitoring and most importantly, compensation to the FA for the value-added service that they provide the client. The Account holder has access to hundreds of the nation's top professional institutional investment managers and the opportunity to select from many different investment styles or portfolio strategies.
In particular, the product consultant's primary responsibility will be writing, creating and editing marketing and other support materials for the Masters program, and when appropriate, the other separate account programs, assuring legal, compliance, and securities regulatory requirements are being met. Materials include both client and Financial Advisor materials available on-line and in print that support the overall program and specific strategies available. The Consultant is also involved in recommending marketing strategies based on an assessment of the competitive environment and new opportunities and coordinating the initiatives with internal and external business partners. Additionally, the Consultant will assist with other ad hoc presentation initiatives. The Masters Product Consultant reports to the Masters Product Manager.
This position is located in St. Louis, MO.
- 3+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 1+ year of financial services industry experience
- Marketing experience
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of brokerage industry: products, services, operational policies, and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of writing, editing, coordinating, and publishing sensitive documentation
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Experience reviewing marketing materials, customer communications, public-facing content, and project documentation for compliance with applicable laws/regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of advisory products and services
- Sales experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to work with internal and external partners to achieve results
- Registration for FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0217262 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top