Process Engineer 1 - BPM Initiatives
- Charlotte, NC
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
It is an exciting time to be part of Wells Fargo's Wholesale Banking Team as we transform our organization to be simpler, stronger and smarter. The Process Engineer for Business Process Definition (BPD) is an addition to our growing team. It is under the Wholesale Business Process Management (BPM) organization, and will report to the Business Process Definition Process Engineer Manager. As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with definition and documentation of processes across Wholesale Banking.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops and leads process design initiatives within fast-paced environments, utilizing process expertise for multiple business groups and providing analysis.
- Responsible for completing integrated process analyses, identifying procedural deficiencies and recommending solutions.
- Works on complex problems involving multiple, possibly competing, business processes/process segments.
- Identify risks/ impacts/ opportunities and where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors, conceptual thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Consults with leaders to understand, influence, adapt analysis, and create alternatives for consideration.
- Leverages business acumen effectively to impart relevant information to business partners and matrixed leadership.
- Influences primarily peers to VP level managers to drive results and bring issues to resolution.
- Drives business awareness of our common enterprise operational and process excellence methods, techniques, tools, etc
- Follows up with Front-Line Risk Consultant to get the risk-controls for approved process model.
- Responsible to work with Process Designer and Subject Matter Experts to model the sequenced set of activities needed for a scoped process according to business rules and required practices.
- Works with Enterprise Librarian to capture additional metadata required for the process such as role and application information.
- Supporting Process Designers and Process Engineer Associates by enhancing process modeling skills
- Assist architects and other engineers with fulfilling process definition through modeling
- Support BPM factory by supplementing modeling design needs when appropriate, to help achieve the desired modeling outcomes
- Use Six Sigma / Lean skills and methodology to build superior capabilities that meet the demands of multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics and/or engineering); or LEAN/Six Sigma Green belt and 3+years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics and/or engineering)
- BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, or physics
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) software such as iGrafx
- Knowledge and understanding of Statistical Analysis software such as Minitab
- Facilitation skills such as Helix
- Change Management skills such as Prosci/ADKAR
- Knowledge and understanding of Rapid Process Automation software such as Blue Prism
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate effectively in either a face-to-face or virtual environment
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of business process design and operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to translate Subject Matter Expert details of daily duties into standard process maps / models
- Experience supporting high demand environments, balancing multiple deadlines and helping teams drive for results
- Application of Lean and/or Six Sigma methods to assist your direct team, as well as broader organization with meeting goals
- Knowledge and understanding of business governance practices, business process design, and operating procedures
- Wells Fargo Business Process Management Intermediate learning level or Wells Fargo Business Process Management Intermediate Knowledge Check and external LEAN/Six Sigma Green Belt within 1 year of job start date
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top