Private Mortgage Banker/Loan Officer (SAFE)
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
- Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is the nation's leading mortgage lender. We are driven to provide exceptional home loan service to consumers and business partners. With a strong, nationwide branch network, we strive to offer the very best platforms, technology, tools, and compensation. At Wells Fargo, we foster an inclusive, customer focused work environment where innovation is encouraged and performance rewarded. We invest in you, develop your talents, and help you maximize your potential. If we want to be successful in today's world, we must be as diverse, in every respect, as the customers and communities we serve.
We have an immediate opening for a Private Mortgage Banker. This individual is responsible for producing high quality jumbo residential mortgage loans that meet Wells Fargo Home Mortgage guidelines by building relationships focused on affluent borrowers with realtors, builders, financial professionals, bank stores, past customers, and other non traditional sources. Strong sales and organizational skills are essential. Bilingual job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Additional duties include:
- Develop knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements
- Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
- Inform prospective and existing customers of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
- Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
- Receive customer applications, quote the rate and points, and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
- Develop and maintains a high degree of visibility for WFHM in the marketplace
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required
SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 2+ years of sales experience in financial services, outside sales experience, or a combination of both
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Documented retail residential mortgage fundings over the past 12 months referred primarily from established, local, external sources
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Customer service experience
- Mortgage industry experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with high net-worth clients
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
CA-Palo Alto: 301 University Avenue - Palo Alto, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0030704 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
SVP, Senior Financial Advisor, CFA, CFP
Virginia communicates and connects with Wells Fargo clients, listens attentively to their financial needs and aspirations, and partners with them to help reach finance goals.
Back to top