Private Mortgage Banker (SAFE)
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
We have an immediate opening for a Private Mortgage Banker. This individual is responsible for producing high quality jumbo residential mortgage loans that meet Wells Fargo Home Mortgage guidelines by building relationships focused on affluent borrowers with realtors, builders, financial professionals, bank stores, past customers, and other non traditional sources. Strong sales and organizational skills are essential. Bi-lingual job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Additional duties include:
- Develop knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements
- Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
- Inform prospective and existing customers of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
- Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
- Receive customer applications, quote the rate and points, and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
- Develop and maintains a high degree of visibility for WFHM in the marketplace
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required
- 2+ years of sales experience in financial services, outside sales experience, or a combination of both
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Documented retail residential mortgage fundings over the past 12 months referred primarily from established, local, external sources
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Mortgage industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- Customer service experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience working with ultra-high-net-worth clients
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 707 Wilshire Blvd - Los Angeles, CA
CA-El Segundo: 2141 Rosecrans Avenue - El Segundo, CA
CA-LA-Beverly Hills: 433 N Camden Drive - Beverly Hills, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Parth P.Underwriter, Supply Chain Finance
Parth works in Wells Fargo’s asset-based lending division. He focuses on analyzing a company’s inventory and accounts receivable to assess what type of financing the bank could offer them.
Back to top