Private Business Loan Underwriter 4 (SBA Construction Lending)
Wells Fargo Small Business Administration Lending (WFSBA) is seeking an energetic, experienced underwriting professional with proven credit skills and the ability to communicate effectively for the position of Private/Business Loan Underwriter 4 (Construction Loan Manager) located in our Minneapolis, Minnesota location. SBA Lending is part of the Business Banking Group within Wholesale Banking.
This individual will be part of our Construction Loan Underwriting Team within WFSBA. As a whole, WFSBA is responsible for the production, management and servicing of a $10B+ portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans, 504 real estate loans, City, State, & Mezzanine Financed Loan Programs.
- Reviews the feasibility and manages the evaluation of small business commercial real estate construction loans offered by Wells Fargo SBA Lending
- Analyzes construction project budgets, collateral valuation and contractor information
- Timely identification and documentation of adverse & key construction risk
- Manages ongoing portfolio of projects during disbursement period, including periodic review of borrower's financial statements
- Reviews and coordinates documentation between borrower, contractor, certified development companies, construction consultants, mezzanine financing agents and bank loan closing officers
- Manages the customer experience from the time of credit application until project completion has occurred and permanent financing is put in place
- Maintenance of division's credit policies and compliance requirements
- Makes sound/correct construction underwriting recommendations
- Customer-facing contact
- Being the subject matter expert in the industry
- Mentors or reviews analysis of less experienced underwriters
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, financial analysis or deal structuring in financial services, private banking, corporate/investment banking, or capital markets
- 4+ years of commercial underwriting experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Commercial loan experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Strong commercial credit analysis skills
- Knowledge and understanding of construction and construction lending
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM, Small Business Administration products, or Credit Origination systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Sales Force system
- Knowledge and understanding of Athena (A+/Athena) contact management system or BLAST (Business Lending and Sales Tracking) system
- Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies
- Leadership experience
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0014640 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top