Private Business Loan Underwriter 3 (SBA Lending)
Wells Fargo Small Business Administration Lending (WFSBA) has an opportunity for a talented, highly motivated, credit savvy professional for the position of Private/Business Loan Underwriter 3 located in our Charlotte, North Carolina location. SBA Lending is part of the Business Banking Group in Wholesale Banking.
This individual will be part of a team who is responsible to manage & service a $10B+ portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans and 504 real estate loans.
- SBA eligibility testing
- Analysis and disposition of complex business and personal financial statements and tax returns for commercial customers and high net worth individuals
- Timely identification and documentation of adverse & key credit risk
- Ability to structure credit to meet needs of both bank & borrower while minimizing credit risk
- SBA guaranty maintenance to limit any guaranty impairment
- Timely management and disposition of customer credit requests
- Management of accounts to minimize portfolio attrition
- Maintenance of division's credit policies and compliance requirements
- Makes sound/correct underwriting recommendations
- Customer-facing contact
- Analyzing third party reports
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 4+ years of underwriting experience
- 2+ years of commercial underwriting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Commercial loan experience
- Strong commercial credit analysis skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM, Small Business Administration products, or Credit Origination systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Sales Force system
- Knowledge and understanding of Athena (A+/Athena) contact management system or BLAST (Business Lending and Sales Tracking) system
- Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0016895 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top