Principal Investments Credit Analyst
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio ("IP") comprises public and private investments for Principal Investments ("PI") and public investments for Treasury Investments ("TI"). Wells Fargo Principal Investments (PI) is responsible for the evaluation of credit-driven investment opportunities across the corporate, municipal and asset-backed markets. PI is generally a public-side investor with a view toward long-term holds and a focus on maximizing risk-adjusted returns.
The PI Corporates team manages a $12 billion portfolio predominantly composed of investment grade and high yield bonds as well as leveraged loans. Analysts are organized into the following industry verticals:
- Consumer & Healthcare
- Industrials & Services
- Technology, Media, & Telecom
PI Corporates is seeking an investment analyst with four or more years of credit analysis, capital markets, research experience and/or other relevant experience. Individual will perform fundamental credit research including analyzing company financial statements, financial modeling, relative value analysis, indenture and credit agreement analysis, and company & industry due diligence. The analyst will evaluate and make recommendations for investments in the primary and secondary markets and monitor existing portfolio investments.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 1+ year of investment research experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Corporate credit analysis and investment research experience at a well-regarded buy side or sell side institution
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree; MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Strong interest in debt investing, detail-oriented, ability to handle/prioritize multiple assignments and willing to work 60 hours per week, when necessary
- Experience in macroeconomics, business cycle analysis and fixed income markets
- Experience in one or more of the industry verticals
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting and corporate finance with strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, conscientious and proactive with a demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Ability to interact confidently and professionally with analysts, traders, portfolio managers and management teams
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0015600 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top