Prime Client Service
Wells Fargo Securities Banker
The Client Service Representative (CSR) is a central point of contact and relationship manager for our clients. The CSR acts as a conduit between the client, our custodians, and the rest of the firm, providing escalation support, navigation, and helping to deliver real solutions. On a daily basis, the CSR oversees the clients’ accounts and gets involved in all aspects of the clients business including, but not limited to: financing, margin, trade clearing and settlement, asset transfer, stock loan, basic reconciliation, and miscellaneous facilitation.
The primary focus of the position is day-to-day resolution of trade related issues, customer account reconciliation, and personalized account service to a variety of clients who are primarily Hedge Funds within the Prime Brokerage environment. This position requires strong relationship management skills, strong problem solving skills, and a sound knowledge of securities operations.
- Work with clients, custodian contacts, management, and other resources to resolve trade related issues. Identify and escalate market sensitive issues.
- Responsible for reviewing/approving various reports and entries, and knowing/understanding the effect of these reports and entries on various touch points (i.e. the client, DMA platform, website, firm, custodian, sales team, trader, etc.).
- Participate in committees and work-groups related to special projects to build functionality and increase efficiency at the firm.
- Responsible for daily balancing of positions and activity in assigned customer accounts to the complete satisfaction of the client. Reconciliation of both custody accounts as well as hearsay transactions for accounts held elsewhere. Responsible for data entry or corrections in multiple/parallel systems as workflow requires.
- Communicate/monitor/manage maturity alerts, corporate action deadlines, margin calls, buy-ins, and other items for attention.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Require 8+ years of client service experience within the industry, and knowledge of securities operations or prime brokerage operations
- Working knowledge of BPS custody brokerage platform
- Working knowledge of Geneva portfolio accounting platform
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Global clearing
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0204176 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top