Post Fund Quality Examiner 1
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Capital Markets team manages the interest rate and operational risks associated with the origination, sale and servicing of mortgage loans, and provides liquidity for the mortgage assets originated by Wells Fargo.
Responsibilities include performing in-depth post-fund mortgage loan reviews and validating complex transactions to ensure program, GSE, investor and/or company polices were followed.
Validates compliance with internal company requirements and/or agency or government regulations.
Analyzes risks and offsets and the ultimate decision made on the loan, resulting in agreement or overturning of the final loan decision.
Mortgage and reviews include a complete re-underwrite of the loan file to assess the credit decision, review of closing documents for compliance to
requirements and review of the appraisal for collateral quality.
Effectively communicates overall process and transaction quality and provides feedback to appropriate contacts regarding identified deficiencies, which may include self-reporting to investors.
Effectively extends decisioning logic to different situations. Establishes and maintains effective business partner relationships.
- *Please note job posting duration may be shortened job seeker volume.
- 4+ years of mortgage underwriting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to communicate confidentially and professionally
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- 4+ years of credit underwriting experience
- 4+ years of mortgage industry experience
- Exposure to the Wells Fargo’s CORE origination system
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in cash flow analysis, rental income calculation, appraisal, title, legal documentation
- Experience in ICMP, Encyclopedia, ALLREGS and Lexus Nexis
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve production and quality goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0036215 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top