Main function of the job:
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
CDF provides inventory and receivables financing solutions, service and intelligence through in-depth industry expertise and an intimate understanding of the customer's needs and objectives. Our CDF teams operate from 10 hubs globally and partner with manufacturers, distributors and dealers from various industries to help them enhance their liquidity, improve their sales performance and drive growth.
The position will be leading a local team responsible for providing oversight and risk decisions as well as ensuring timely and dedicated support to the wider EMEA Credit team in the servicing and credit risk management of a CDF customer portfolio predominantly located in France.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Manage and lead an underwriting and account management team of up to 5 people.
- Ensure the underwriting of new dealer credit line applications, change requests to existing dealer credit facilities and annual reviews are completed on time. Ensure transactions are underwritten in accordance with credit policies with appropriate financial, collateral and enterprise analysis. Clearly articulate Risks and mitigants and document conclusions and recommendations
- Ensure all transactions are approved in accordance with both LOB DCAA and WFBI DCAA.
- Ensure the local team provides quality control and effective challenge to the portfolio management and collections activities, which are currently completed by part of the regional credit risk team located in different CDF EMEA offices. Ensure the team effectively manage the daily workflow (Portfolio Control System). Monitor delinquencies on customer accounts and ensure they are promptly addressed and appropriately escalated in line with relevant procedures.
- Drive service excellence of the local team in the review and approval of overline requests, customer refunds, and instalment plans on any due financings, interest charges and fee waivers.
- Ensure workout activities including the repossession of financed assets are tightly monitored
- by the team and actions are undertaken in line with relevant approval. Ensure the team provides valuable and timely support to the collections activities as/when needed.
- Assume responsibility for the final review, (counter-) signing and diligent archiving of the dealer documentation
- Provide dedicated support to any audit related activities
- Ensure accuracy and responsiveness in internal as well as external customer service.
- Ensure that all processes, tools and strategies are in place in order to continually improve key service areas.
- Ensure continued training and full compliance of your team with Risk policies and portfolio monitoring.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with the cross-functional and largely remote teams but also with external clients and dealers where need be.
- Use knowledge of customers, industries served and risk processes to identify and mitigate against operational risks.
- Ad hoc reporting to support the branch and other functions in key business initiatives.
- Manage costs in line with budget
Market Skills and Certifications
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Proven experience in account or risk management in financial services.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams, ideally including remote leadership experience
- Fluency in German and English required, good command of the French language
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) programs
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Inventory Finance / Factoring experience.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Senior Business Initiatives Leader for the Innovation Group
Kelli leads a team within Wells Fargo’s Innovation Group. Her team’s focus is to work with areas of the business on engagement and collaboration to help advance their innovation and technology strategies.
Back to top