Portfolio Manager 1
In connection with Middle Market Banking Credit Administration's mission of supporting risk management activities along with early talent development, Credit Services (CS) has an immediate opportunity for a Portfolio Manager 1 in its Credit Services Group in San Francisco, CA. Nationally, Credit Services manages about 2,000 relationships with direct and operating exposure of up to $20 million; total credit exposure underwriting responsibilities exceed $3.3 billion. The selected candidate will be part of a team that directly participates in the credit support of the Regional Commercial Banking Offices (RCBO's) in Middle Market Banking's Western Region.
Candidate will be focused on managing a large credit portfolio of middle market account relationships within the Middle Market Banking Credit Services Group. This position will also play a key role in the development and training of both Credit Analysts and Financial Analysts assigned to the team.
General responsibilities include working with senior management, relationship managers and credit to originate, monitor and grow middle market relationships. Specifically accountable for credit underwriting and origination, portfolio monitoring, renewals and annual reviews, and coordination of pricing. Manages and promotes the maintenance of a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements. Works directly with Relationship Managers and other RCBO team members to understand credit needs and represents the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships. May or may not have revenue generation goals.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of account relationship management experience, credit underwriting management experience, or a combination of both
- Loan negotiation (rates, terms, and collateral requirements) experience
- Underwriting experience including advanced commercial or specialty group relationship portfolio credit
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit policy, loan servicing, risk management and group underwriting requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and specialty group banking products and services
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of Middle Market Banking Experience
- Experience monitoring regulatory standards and guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Graduate of a Commercial Credit Training Program
- Experience with credit training and development of credit training programs
- Experience in reviewing the work of others
- Proactive customer service skills
- Proficiency with the following systems applications
- Credit View
- MRA Statement Spreading
- Microsoft Office Suite
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0062782 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top