Portfolio Analytics Consultant 3
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio ("IP") is comprised of credit-sensitive assets (primarily public-side, fixed income investments) and high-quality liquid assets (U.S. Government and Agency-backed fixed income securities, "HQLA"). With dual reporting to the Head of Wholesale Banking and the Chief Financial Officer, IP manages a combined portfolio of AFS and HTM fixed income investments and interest rate swaps.
The IP Portfolio Strategy & Analytics team binds a collection of groups whose core functions are associated with investment analysis or reporting on WFC's Investment Portfolios (AFS and HTM). The team focuses on process integration, analytics, and reporting on key areas pertinent to the Investment Portfolio.
- Partner across IP and with PM teams to ensure the creation of accurate and transparent projections
- Represent Portfolio Planning team on redesign of existing forecasting process, development of automated forecasting tools, and enhancement of forecasting methodologies. Help both define requirements and design output
- Possess familiarity with all components of both the Credit and Macro forecasts to ensure the ability to tackle projects as they arise
- Assist with the production of monthly forecasting packages for business heads as well as providing key forecast components for Executive and ALCO reporting
- Communicate regularly with IP Finance, Enterprise FP&A, and the Balance Sheet Center of Excellence on drivers of forecast changes
- Ensure forecasts are being created in compliance with Governance and Oversight (G&O) requirements
- 5+ years of portfolio analysis experience, finance experience or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
The ideal candidate has sharp analytical skills, demonstrated attention to detail, sound critical thinking, and solid problem-solving capabilities. We are looking for a self-motivated person who learns quickly and thrives in a challenging environment. Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges is crucial.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and SQL or similar programming/database experience
- Sharp analytical skills, demonstrated attention to detail, sound critical thinking, and solid problem-solving capabilities.
- Self-motivated person who learns quickly and thrives in a challenging environment.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills and proven track record of collaborating with peers, partners and their teams to ensure delivery of objectives and results.
- Communicating effectively, both written and verbally, with all levels of management, partners and team members across the group and the enterprise.
- Provide leadership consistent with Wells Fargo & Co. vision and values.
- Prior experience analyzing, modeling, and reporting on fixed income securities across multiple asset classes.
- Expertise in banking industry accounting, regulatory, capital, and compliance requirements for a large portfolio of AFS and HTM investments.
- Prior experience working with internal governance partners and external regulators.
- Experience in financial services, capital markets or the banking sector.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0157900 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top