Portfolio Analytics Consultant 2
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Portfolio Strategy and Analytics Group is a unit of Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio ("IP"), which invests in liquid products such as Agency MBS, Treasuries and Swaps and is also responsible for the evaluation of credit-driven investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of asset classes such as Corporates, Municipals, ABS, CMBS, loans, and off-balance sheet instruments.
- Assist with complex investment portfolio modeling, reporting and analytics on the Wells Fargo Investment Securities, derivatives and loan portfolios, ensuring accurate portfolio modeling for interest rate risk, income/strategy analysis, stress testing and capital planning along with ad-hoc scenario analysis.
- Own, maintain and enhance models associated with the investment portfolio in QRM framework while maintaining adherence to Corporate Model Risk Policy
- Write and maintain technical model documentation that explains and defends modeling approaches and lead performance monitoring reporting requirements per Corporate Model Risk Policy
- Liaise with second and third line of defense teams including CMoR, CERG and Audit, along with lines of business and portfolio managers in addressing model issues impacting performance
- Develop tools and reporting to provide insight concerning changes in the securities portfolio risk profile and contributes to the evaluation of risk management strategies. Contributes to broader Corporate Asset Liability Management simulations for short-term (Earnings-At-Risk) and long-term interest rate risk measures (EVE, Duration Gap, OCI Sensitivity) and reporting.
- Support projects or analysis of the investment portfolio that involves working with multiple functions and teams across the Portfolio Analytics group, Asset Liability Management, Investment Portfolio group as well other groups across Treasury and the Bank. Acts as a subject matter expert on the Bank's fixed income securities for various stress test exercises including CCAR / DFAST.
- Partner with other model experts across the Bank, including Mortgage Center of Excellence ,to evaluate and analyze modeling of residential prepayment behavior for Agency and Non-Agency Mortgage Backed Securities, structured products and instruments with embedded optionality under various interest rate and economic scenarios and providing insight into portfolio prepayment behavior to guide portfolio strategy and impact on the Bank's interest rate sensitivity metrics.
- Regulatory / audit interactions: participate in monthly and quarterly meetings in addition to other examinations and audits.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of portfolio analysis experience, finance experience or a combination of both
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- A Masters' degree or higher in a quantitative field such as finance, mathematics, statistics, or economics
- Understanding of fixed income models and products at a level that allows the individual to propose and defend model choices in communications with regulators and internal controls such as model validation and audit
- Experience with model risk governance and/or model validation in the financial services sector
- Proven experience of successful interaction with regulatory agencies (OCC, FED, FDIC, or similar)
- Active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and SQL or similar programming/database experience
- Experience with third party fixed income models (e.g. QRM, PolyPaths, ADCo LDM, Bloomberg, Calypso, Blackrock)
- Experience working with prepayment models
- Prior experience analyzing and modeling fixed income
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0157900 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top