Portfolio Analytics Consultant 1
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio (“IP”) comprises public and private investments for Principal Investments (“PI”) and public investments for Treasury Investments (“TI”). With dual reporting to Wholesale (PI) and Treasury (TI), IP manages a portfolio of AFS and HTM investments.
The Portfolio Analytics team binds a collection of groups whose core functions are associated with investment analysis or reporting on WFC’s Investment Portfolios (AFS and HTM). The team focuses on process integration, analytics, and reporting on key areas pertinent to the Investment Portfolio.
- Perform analysis and complete documentation on the investment securities portfolio for the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Dodd Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST) and Resolution and Recovery Plan (RRP)
- Follow governance and oversight (G&O) policies and procedures and collaborate with fellow team members to ensure compliance
- Produce first-rate analysis and presentations supporting a variety of investment portfolio activities related to the modeling, measurement and management of interest rate risk, market risk, liquidity risk and capital adequacy
- Partner with Treasury Investments in both the outlook/financial planning process and strategic process around balance sheet management activities that minimize Other Comprehensive Income (OCI) volatility and Liquidity risks
- Produce routine and ad-hoc management reports for the AFS/HTM securities portfolio
- Makes recommendations to peers and senior group members
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 1+ year of experience in portfolio analysis, finance, or have participated in a Wells Fargo analyst or intern training program
Other Desired Qualifications
- Thorough understanding of securitization products including CLOs, CMBS, and consumer loan ABS
- Working knowledge of accounting rules governing other-than-temporary impairment (OTTI)
- Basel III capital proficiency and previous involvement in stress testing
- Passion for researching complex issues and presenting actionable resolutions
- Strong analytical ability accompanied with proficiency in SQL and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or bachelor’s degree concentrated in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- High-quality verbal and written communication skills
- Bloomberg experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0157900 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top