This position will provide support to the Consumer Protection Section of the Consumer Lending/Corporate Regulatory Division of the Law Department. The individual will focus on providing substantive support to fair lending attorneys, including reviewing marketing campaigns and collateral, coordinating responses to regulatory investigations and customer complaints, and assisting in the review of risk assessments.
This position requires someone who can research and resolve issues and matters that involve the most substantial legal or factual complexity, through detailed research and/or examination of documentation and/or factual investigation. Produce clear and concise written materials that can be communicated to the intended audience with minimal revision or review by an attorney. Provide support to a specialized practice within the Law Department requiring a high degree of analytical, written and oral communication and organizational skills. Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and be proactive in participating in strategic efforts to identify and mitigate fair lending risks. Provide work direction, guidance, training and resources to less experienced paralegals.
- 6+ years of paralegal experience
- 3+ years of focused practice in a concentrated area of law
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially the consumer lending sector
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients and external constituents
- Solid knowledge of corporate organizational structure and business processes
- Ability to speak with confidence and do formal and informal training
- A successful candidate will be able to handle a significant workload with minimal supervision, and be comfortable fielding calls from internal and external stakeholders
- Managing deadlines and dealing well with and resolving conflicting priorities is essential
- Paralegal certification may be required in some states
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0035762 LAW DEPARTMENT
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top