Wells Fargo seeks a paralegal with a minimum of 3 years of experience for a position supporting the Home Mortgage Default Servicing team of the Law Department. The successful candidate will research and resolve issues and matters which may involve substantial legal or factual complexity through detailed review and/or examination of documentation and/or factual investigation; provide background for specific client inquiries under the direction of an attorney; prepare or review agreements and document customized provisions under the direction of an attorney; support a specialized practice or functional area within the Law Department, requiring a high degree of analytical, written and oral communication and organization skills; identify specific as well as broad, underlying issues in area of expertise and work independently on complex assignments without direct supervision.
A paralegal certificate is preferred, as well as relevant experience with real estate consumer financial products, including collection loss mitigation, foreclosure, and the regulations governing those products.
- 3+ years of paralegal experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong research skills
- Paralegal certification may be required in some states
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0090496 LAW DEPARTMENT
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top