The Wells Fargo & Company Law Department seeks a paralegal for the Employment Law Section in Los Angeles, CA. The Section has a national practice representing Wells Fargo companies in employment related matters. The position researches and resolves issues and matters, which may involve substantial legal or factual complexity, through detailed research and/or examination of documentation and/or factual investigation. Provides substantiation and background for specific client inquiries, claims, disputes, cases and/or proceedings under the direction of an attorney. The position compiles, organizes and prepares litigation related data and reports. May prepare agreements, data analytics reports, documents and pleadings relating to litigation and non-litigation matters with customized provisions under the direction of an attorney. Provides support to a specialized practice or functional area within the Legal Group requiring a high degree of analytical, written and oral communication and organizational skills. Able to identify specific as well as broad, underlying issues in area of expertise and work independently on complex assignments without direct supervision.
- 3+ years of paralegal experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prior employment law experience in a litigation support role or an in-house legal environment.
- Experience in all some or all of the following areas: substantive employment law; litigation support; litigation file management; litigation related data and reports; data analytics; legal research and writing; investigation of claims; drafting memoranda and agreements according to a specified content and format.
- Paralegal certification may be required in some states
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0090430 LAW DEPARTMENT
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top